The AGM is postponed until we can meet in person. If there is a new President or new contact people for your association, please let us know and fill out this Association Contact Form.
NEWS for 2020-21 Season includes Non-Checking in U15 Tiers 4,5, and 6. This is all across our league and includes all 6 leagues in Alberta. Read more in the information bulletin here.
A committee has been formed for suggestions for tiering, travel, and scheduling for the upcoming season. Your committee members are from Fort Saskatchewan, Hinton, Ponoka, Smoky Lake, and Vegreville. The representation of each region and the different sized associations involved will help with our discussions. They have a couple of on-line or conference call meetings set up and will be providing us with updates that will be posted here and sent out to the association contacts we have on record. Neil Rogers, 1st VP NAI, is our Executive lead on this.
Reminder - We are accepting nominations for the NAI Scholarship that is awarded to a deserving graduating midget player who will be attending a post-secondary school next year.
Sportsmanship Scholarship Criteria
Played a minimum of 3 years of hockey in the NAI Hockey League.
"Scholarships" will be available to one graduating Midget hockey player per year who is planning to attend university or college.
Submissions should include:
- Letter of reference from Former Hockey Coach
- Letter of reference from Academic Teacher
- Penalty Minutes from previous 2 seasons. Goals and assists will not be considered.
- The Selection Committee will be made up of the following:
- NAI: President, 1st VP and 2nd VP as well as the Midget Senior Governor.
- The Scholarship must be used within two summers of winning the award and it is not transferable.
- The NAI Hockey League will pay $250.00 when verification of registration and submission of the official receipts from the chosen school/camp is received by the NAI.
- Applications are to be emailed to Randy@nainterlock.com.